FLY OR SWIM?
To our own surprise, the cheapest part about visiting Iceland seems to be getting there in the first place. And with the ‘Budget Airline – Revolution’ currently in full swing, you should have no problem diggin’ for diggable deals at the drop of a dime.
For those of you who don’t mind flying over the Arctic Ocean in a non-recline-able beach chair,WOW Air has you covered for airfare as low as $99 (one-way) from Boston, Washington DC, Miami and even Los Angeles! It may not be the most comfortable flight of your life, but tag-teaming it with a glass of whisky and some Tylenol-pm will have you pettin’ ponies on the Icelandic countryside before you can say;
– Icelandic word for a type of key chain…
Now before you start considering that “swim” option again, know that there’s several alternatives for upwards of only a few dollars more. Both Iceland air and Norwegian Airlines serve as semi-comfortable alternatives without having to go ploughing for pennies just yet. Simply plug your projected dates into your favorite search engine (remember to be as FLEXIBLE as possible for the best results) and explore your options from there.
Similar to that of all our travels, our winter adventure to Iceland began on Skyscanner.com.
This time around, we chose to give WOW air a shot for the flight there – And for just $99 out of Boston, it was well worth it! Although EasyJet (One of Europe’s most popular budget airlines) also makes flights in-and-out, we picked up flights from Reykjavik to Barcelona, Spain for only $130 with Norwegian Air – super cheap alternative without sacrificing ALL comfort.
GET TO THE POINT!
Alright, alright…. Here’s your breakdown kids:
Cheapest Time of Year to Fly:
- Typically, November to April, but don’t expect the prices for everything else to be any cheaper once you get there! No matter what these other blogs are tellin’ you from previous years… This place is JUST AS MUCH a winter getaway as it is summer now. So no matter what time of year you’re planning your Iceland adventure, prepare to drop some cash!
Cheapest Search Engines for Scoring Flights:
- Jack Daniels whiskey – (Because i’m a man…and I like it)
- Flor De Cana – (Traveling tropical, but no mucho dinero’)
- Water and maybe one juice – (If i’m sitting next to Kelsey)